Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Harrison Ford > George Clooney (in my opinion)

<--- You cannot deny this face
I honestly do not think anyone reads this thing anymore, beings that we are at the end of the school year (tear, tear!) But since I'm kind of bored and waiting to have din din and I also don't want to go workout right now so I decided to write on this blog thing. About movies, of course.
Anyway, good news...
I saw one new movie this past week, Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull. Sadly, I have not seen the other Indy movies, well maybe a little bit of some of them but not ALL of them and not in chronological order and I was probably ten at the time. Anyway, I really liked this movie. Harrison Ford is back as the sarcastic, somewhat hard-boiled detective, brooding hero that is Indiana Jones. Along with Ford, Cate Blanchett plays an icy femme fatale named Irina who is hell bent on finding out practically everything and gaining control of an alien crystal skull. Indiana runs into Mutt Williams, played by Shia LeBouf, and it turns out that Mutt's mother Marion Ravenwood, played by Karen Allen, is an old flame of Indy's and is captured by Irina and her KGB crew. Along with Marion, Oxley, an old professor friend of Indiana's is also captured and used to find out the meaning behind the all-crystal skull of the aliens. Are you still with me? Ok, good. Of course, action ensues with some awesome bullet dodging and choreographed gunslinging and sword fighting. There is romance, humor, and the occasional impressive shot. The classic Indiana Jones themesong is also included. And don't worry, Indiana Jones still wears his classic fedora, whip, khaki pants, shirt and brown leather jacket. Yes, Harrison may be up there in age but he sure is aging gracefully, or rather, broodingly, ruggedly and heroicly... as well as keepin' it PIMPIN.

No comments: